View Single Post
Old September 16 2013, 05:56 PM   #14
Opus
Commodore

Re: STiD, Kirk and the Abrams Team

Well to be fair, I didn't write that. I was quoting someone else.

Here's another interesting tidbit:

What I have come to learn is that fans cannot count on Paramount for accurate information especially about Star Trek; for some reason it's very important to the studio to keep things under wraps. Rather we must examine what the executives and the actors say more closely and assume that what is true is either the opposite or only partially explained at best. Let's not be so naive as to think that everything we see on the printed page or on the internet is the truth.
As well as:

They have refused Roddenberry's vision - removed the subtle layerings of meaning of the original in favor of a "Star Wars* style action, complete with a nasty villain and blood.
And:

And Benedict Cumberbatch's performance was definitely in the realm of "Khanned Ham"; I think I'll take some mustard and rye bread along next time in order to get full benefit from it.
Also:

The musical score was too bad to be called "forgettable", and was positively intrusive at times, very unpleasantly so.
Poor Michael Giacchino...
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote