View Single Post
Old September 16 2013, 03:35 PM   #4
Isolinear
Lieutenant Commander

Re: a box of rotting garbage, "standalone episode sh*t" and more trivi

Braga remembers Goodman’s first script – 2.11 “Precious Cargo,” which depicted Trip falling for hot extraterrestrial royalty played by a pre-“Top Chef” Padma Lakshmi – as one of the worst Trek episodes ever.
Man that episode was bad. Basically an "Elaan of Troyius"/"The Perfect Mate" ripoff with a very bad 'actress'. She was literally reading her lines out loud.

One exec, says Braga, pitched the idea that a different boy band would board the Enterprise and perform a musical number each week.
OH...MY....GOD!!!

Braga says when he brought longtime “Deep Space Nine” head writer Ira Steven Behr into the “Enterprise” offices in hopes of luring him onto the senior staff, Behr “shit all over the show. I mean, he shit on the show like I’ve never heard.”
Oh, how I would like to have been a fly on the wall.

Braga says the highly serialized third season was the first season in which he “enjoyed writing every single episode.”
“I always thought season four should have been season one,” laments Braga.
Strange. Wasn't there an interview with Braga years ago in which he states that the first two seasons were what he and Berman intended with the show...?

Braga remembers firing most of the “Enterprise” writing staff between the first and second seasons.
Didn't know that! Obviously didn't help. Season 2 was worse than season 1.

Berman says he would always veto a storyline in which a crewman’s legs were blown off because that would not be true to Gene Roddenberry’s vision.
So, how did "The Siege of AR-558" slip through?

Last edited by Isolinear; September 16 2013 at 04:13 PM.
Isolinear is offline   Reply With Quote