View Single Post
Old September 16 2013, 02:15 AM   #15
M.A.C.O.
Fleet Captain

Re: Shinzon's motives

Sran wrote: View Post
AllStarEntprise wrote: View Post
Destroying Earth would nullify everything Picard ever did. In a galaxy where the RSE has conquered the UFP worlds.
How exactly would the destruction of Earth mean that Romulus has conquered the Federation? Earth's loss would be a devastating blow, but the Federation was composed of more than one hundred worlds. They would find a way to recover. It's not as though the entirety of Starfleet would vanish the moment Earth's population was wiped out.
What proof do you have that the Starfleet and the other Federation worlds could repel an attack from the RSE?

And what have I told you about your predilection for using sentence fragments?
English is not my first language. I know I have bad grammar and I struggle to improve. I don't care what you have told me in the past.

AllStarEntprise wrote:
Whoever Jean-Luc Picard was would be immaterial. No one would remember a man who captained a little ship from a planet (Earth) and an organization (UFP) that doesn't exist anymore. But everyone would remember Praetor Shinzon who made the destruction of Earth and set the dominos in motion for the fall of the UFP happen.
Once again, you've no basis for saying that the Federation would automatically fall with the loss of Earth's population. The idea that Starfleet would immediately give up because Shinzon destroyed their capital is ludicrous. If anything, they'd be more determined to take him down.
Please produce evidence to the contrary then.

This is an absolutely laughable statement. So because John Logan has directed successful films, he's not above reproach or criticism for presiding over a mediocre film? And if there'sn no point in debating this issue, why post in the thread dedicated to discussing it?
Actually John Logan was the writer of NEM and those other films. Stuart Baird was the director of Nemesis. Check IMDB to confirm.

You really are something else, you know that?
I am nothing compared to yourself.

Why? Did his ascension to the throne wipe away the pain and misery he endured at the hands of the Romulans? Did the Romulans who pledged their loyalty to him remain so because he was the head of their government?
Write to John Logan, Rick Berman and or Brent Spiner and ask them why. I did not write or cowrite the screenplay for the film. I don't have the answers you seek.

Last edited by M.A.C.O.; September 16 2013 at 06:38 AM.
M.A.C.O. is online now   Reply With Quote