View Single Post
Old September 16 2013, 01:17 AM   #35
Miss Chicken
Little three legged cat with attitude

Re: Vegetarians - you will ove this child

Seriously, this shit gets so annoying. My sisters are both vegans, and my older sister is raising my nephews vegan; the shit they get is unbelievable! Sure, extremists like PETA deserve most of the flak they get, but I find the hypocrisy of those who scoff at vegetarianism even more obnoxious. Why on earth do people become morally outraged over another's choice not to eat meat? In my experience living with vegans it is far more common for meat-eaters to harass and pressure vegans and vegetarians about their dietary choices than the other way around.
I used to get the same sort of pressure because I don't drink alcohol. Except for declaring my own house 'alcohol-free' I have no problem with other people drinking alcohol sensibly so I can't understans why they get upset over me beinga teetotaller.

I have, over the years, several friends who are vegetarians. I have no problems with the making that choice and I can understand how frustrating it must be for them when we eat out because often there aren't enough choices for vegetarians on menus though this has improved somewhat over the years. I don't think any of my friends have been vegans.
Miss Chicken is online now   Reply With Quote