View Single Post
Old September 15 2013, 11:28 PM   #4750
J. Allen
Science Is Magic™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
For some people, the film's style choices are enough to sway them. It would be like having every car be red, and then seeing a car that is blue. There would be some who would say, "that's not a car, cars are red." The mechanics are the same, but since the style choice is different, somehow that takes away its status as a car. It's silly, but there are people who get so hung up on such things, they invalidate an entire franchise based on that minor difference.
True. I just had a bizarre argument with someone who invalidates the whole film because one Klingon was bald and "was shown with piercings", and that just can't be... because no Klingons are supposed to have piercings.

Later, someone mentioned that Chang, in ST VI, was bald - and had an eyepatch that was riveted to his face, and might count as a piercing.
Hey. Hey. Using a tried and true, proven masonry technique does not equal "piercings."
Brony Kingdom
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote