View Single Post
Old September 15 2013, 09:46 PM   #4746
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Phily B wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
Yeah, I think I mentioned it earlier, but having had the chance to watch it again (I picked it up on DVD after all. I couldn't wait), it is a rather well assembled film, for something that is supposed to be an action/blockbuster. It's fun science fiction, with a dash of color, and a good, solid commentary on current themes. To me, that's quintessential Trek.
Yes, I can not for the life of me understand the "it's not star trek" stuff. It's more Star Trek than a lot of Star Trek!
For some people, the film's style choices are enough to sway them. It would be like having every car be red, and then seeing a car that is blue. There would be some who would say, "that's not a car, cars are red." The mechanics are the same, but since the style choice is different, somehow that takes away its status as a car. It's silly, but there are people who get so hung up on such things, they invalidate an entire franchise based on that minor difference.

Rainbow Dash Buys A Ford Pinto, A Short Story by LotusTeaDragon
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote