View Single Post
Old September 15 2013, 09:23 PM   #31
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Vegetarians - you will ove this child

Relayer1 wrote: View Post
As my Mother says, just because you can doesn't mean you should!

The fact that we can digest meat doesn't make it right. To be fair, in a survival situation I would eat meat without any hesitation. I just can't see the justification for killing when there is no need to.
Meat is a part of the overall human diet. Again, that we can go without eating meat is a nice side effect of our omnivorous nature, but not everyone can do it, and neither should they necessarily do so. "Right" and "wrong" doesn't even play into it, only degrees of ethicality.

On the ethical side of things, we can treat our food supply with a little more respect. We do have the capacity for higher reasoning. Nature designed our bodies for the cutting and tearing of meat, along with the consumption of plants, yes, but, we don't have to be cruel. Humans can still eat meat without causing undue harm on the environment or the animal population. I'm fully behind food ethics, but saying that eating meat is wrong? No, that has no basis in fact. It is simply an opinion that you hold, and that's fine, but judging others for eating meat, something their bodies are designed to do, that is wrong.

Rainbow Dash Buys A Ford Pinto, A Short Story by LotusTeaDragon
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote