View Single Post
Old September 15 2013, 07:31 PM   #24
J. Allen
Easily Influenced™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: Vegetarians - you will ove this child

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
YOU BEEN HERE FOUR HOUR!!!!
I swear, I could listen to him talk about food all day. The man loves his food.

"They have a show called 'Cake Boss'. This man is the BOSS of cake! You are the boss of cake?! I did not know you could arbitrarily make yourself the boss of a food!"

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
I always love when people get so defensive about vegetarians and vegans as if there's any possibility of them forcing you not to eat meat any time in the near future. MLB has to relentlessly beat their philosophy into the ground in every second post like he thinks the "meat is murder" stormtroopers could come kicking down his door at any moment, even though no one is pushing anything on him. I feel like asking him to point to the spot on the cucumber where the vegetarian touched him.

Yeah, some of the more fanatical ones who criticize or attack people who eat meat can be obnoxious, just as zealots of any type can be, but the people who go over the top deriding vegetarians and vegans in general are just as irritating. They're not a threat to your way of life. They're a mild nuisance, at worst, and have no chance of denying you your right to eat bacon anytime soon. Relax.
True. I have the opposite problem, myself. When I tell people I'm vegetarian (as in, we're having a cookout, do you want cheese on your burger?), they act like I'm the survivor of a terrible train wreck or something, followed up by the inevitable, "can you have chicken?"

Still, most people don't seem to have a problem with it (though it makes a few self-conscious, and I have to tell them I'm not some kind of judgmental person. Eat meat if you like it!), but there are always the ones who, upon hearing I'm a vegetarian, will say "Yeah? Well I love meat," in such a way as to dare me to challenge them on their bacon supremacy.

My response is just, "Well... okay."
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote