Old September 15 2013, 06:35 PM   #79
SeerSGB
Admiral

View SeerSGB's Twitter Profile
Re: STID's plot holes unrivaled?

Mountie1988 wrote: View Post
bullethead wrote: View Post
Set Harth wrote: View Post

It's the K'normian trading ship that ends up violating Klingon territorial boundaries, not the Enterprise. According to the dialogue in the film the Enterprise was stopped in the Neutral Zone.
Are you sure, because the movie sure makes it seem like the Enterprise is orbiting Qo'nos/Kronos, since we never see the K'normian ship go to warp or any other indication that the planet isn't Qo'nos/Kronos.

(BTW, which spelling are going with in this forum?)
Ja, first I thought so myself. But I later realized they were nowhere near Kronos, they only augmented a picture of Qu'ono's on their viewscreen and that stellar body you could see near the Enterprise was the little moon where Bones and Carol opened the torpedo
Marcus made it clear they were supposed to hang on the outside of the edge of the Neutral Zone and fire the advanced torpedoes at Khan. That was the whole point, the torps were meant to be long range, untraceable, super torpedoes.

Just rewatched the scene: Kirk tells Marcus that they're on the edge of the Neutral Zone.
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote