View Single Post
Old September 15 2013, 06:34 PM   #20
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral

View Rķu rķu, chķu's Twitter Profile
Re: Vegetarians - you will ove this child

Relayer1 wrote: View Post
Eating meat because you like it is killing for pleasure. That's wrong.
No on both counts. The consumer is not the one who killed the animal, they just eat the finished product. (You want to blame someone? Try the butcher, or whoever runs the meatpacking plants.) It's not the consumer's problem. The animal's already dead by the time it gets to them. Our hands are clean, as it were.

And even if it is killing for pleasure, so what? Like I said, we humans are at the top of the food chain. Animals are put on this planet FOR our pleasure. That sounds harsh, I know, but remember what I said - it's the order of things. Those animals higher on the food chain kill those who are lower, for food (and you better believe they enjoy it, too). It's a definite hierarchy, top to bottom. It's just how it IS.

And like I also said, it doesn't mean we should ABUSE animals or deliberately make them suffer. No one is suggesting that. Killing and eating an animal is not abuse. It's part of all life. It's just what we do. It's what ALL life forms do.

@bbailey: Yes, that was an intentional Pinette reference.

Last edited by Rķu rķu, chķu; September 15 2013 at 06:44 PM.
Rķu rķu, chķu is offline   Reply With Quote