View Single Post
Old September 15 2013, 02:21 PM   #1303
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

^ Fair points. However, I should stress again, that my gripe is NOT with Affleck or his age; of course he could do action movies for years to come. My point is that if within this universe we first meet a weary and tired Bruce Wayne, then could the character within the film keep going for a decade? Being Batman doesn't involve stuntmen and SFX and is a lot more punishing than playing him. My problem is inter-movie, not behind the scenes. But I suppose willing suspension of disbelief can overcome that.

One of my main gripes about the use of a 'weary, tired' Batman is that they seem to be using The Dark Knight Returns as a point of reference for this film (eg the dialogue at Comic-con which Harry Lennix read). And I just think that the Superman/Batman dynamic there worked a lot better when you had two former friends who had been around the block and fallen out as they grew older and jaded. I'm less sure that it will work when you have one newbie and one vet, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.