View Single Post
Old September 15 2013, 02:16 PM   #72
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: How do you feel about Torchwood Miracle Day

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Well, reading this thread, I wonder if I should continue watching. I don't have STARZ so I didn't see Miracle Day when it first aired, so I'm watching the first episode now and it's decent. It is a letdown from Children of Earth but honestly I'm not sure if anything RTD would do would be as powerful and emotionally draining as Children of Earth.

As for Torchwood, I really enjoyed the series. Yeah Children of Earth was the best season, but I can't help but think I enjoyed the first two seasons more since the tone of it wasn't so completely and utterly dark. Given this thread, I don't know if I will continue to watch Miracle Day (I already miss Ianto and the gang together) but at least I checked out the first episode.
Children of Earth indeed was very heavy, and too emotionally heavy and draining to be "fun", would be more "fun", if it had been stretched a little bit more. That's not to say it was excellent, it definitely was excellent.

Miracle Day is slower, so you might enjoy it, especially if you marathon it in only a few nights. Don't spend the entire Series waiting for aliens to show up, I think the slower pace, the lack of aliens and shown over a 2 1/2 month period were the biggest letdowns. Marathon-ed, with full knowledge not to expect aliens and it's more enjoyable, IMHO. There were other complaints, but, those were my biggest ones.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote