View Single Post
Old September 15 2013, 11:50 AM   #13
Zulu Romeo
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Zulu Romeo
Re: Vegetarians - you will ove this child

I just watched the OP's video. That was really sweet of him, and very nice to see him develop a reasonable judgement call on what he feels he wants to eat and why. I found it interesting that the boy in the video was offered octopus to eat, especially considering how intelligent those creatures have been shown to be (and I'm not just talking about predicting football scores here).

Of late, I find myself eating less and less meat (although it's probably more to do with health reasons) and finding fruit and veg-based alternatives more tasty. Plus I've started getting a taste for quorn.

On a lighter note, I came across this SMBC strip earlier this month on the subject:

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3105

Also, whenever discussions about choosing vegetarianism crop up, I am always reminded of A. Whitney Brown's famous reasoning:

I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.