Thread: Photo hunt
View Single Post
Old September 15 2013, 05:47 AM   #186
thestrangledcorpse
Vice Admiral

Re: Photo hunt

Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
I put up posters, had his details put on the Pet Patrol on the radio, put details on the Web, put pamphlets in letterboxes, knocked on doors, searched the bushland near our home for weeks but never found out what happened to him. He disappeared after my son's girlfriend, who was living with us at the time, left the front door open.
It's heartbreaking, isn't it? It was the same with Edwin; though I've just realized I must have been 6, and not 5 when this happened, because he disappeared after we moved to a knew house. I had an intense bond with Edwin. He followed me around everywhere and slept with me at night. I was devastated when he was lost.

After a couple of months of my continuing grief, my mother brought home a little tuxedo kitten. She told me its name was Minnie Meese, and that she was Edwin's baby. She said that since he couldn't come back to me, he wanted me to look after Minnie.

It was a very sweet story to tell a grieving 6 year old, and I believed it completely. I didn't even give it a second thought until I was 18, and mentioned something about Minnie being Edwin's kitten. It wasn't until I said it out loud that I realized how ridiculous it was and that I no longer believed it!

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.
thestrangledcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote