View Single Post
Old September 15 2013, 12:47 AM   #44
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: STID's plot holes unrivaled?

Mountie1988 wrote: View Post
iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
Mountie1988 wrote: View Post
Well, you guys have successfully pointed out all what is wrong with Into Darkness and therefore why it is the worst of all Star Trek movies.
Not really. You are giving too much importance and clout to a very few people.
Deliberately. There's no gain in denying the internet's subjugation by blockheads
Ln X wrote: View Post
CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
Three cheers for confirmation bias!
Three cheers also for Abram's apologists! Bless you laddies and lasses. Trek's going to the gutter and we're all cheering and singing its praises!
King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Khan had a flash of wicked inspiration? I've seen that scene several times and you see the cogs in Khan's head whirring away. Ain't nothing wrong with that nor is a devastating plothole so bad it ruins your enjoyment of TWOK.
You like it more so you make up excuses and forgive it's plotholes.
King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Well obviously. A good film makes you overlook the plotholes but when the logic begins to seriously fail and fall apart -- especially when STID wants everyone to take it seriously -- then the astute viewer is going to do just that and ask why this story has been so poorly thought out. STID is trying to portray itself as a thoughtful and intelligent movie when it is anything but.

bullethead wrote: View Post
bullethead, I think you are one of the few voices of reason on this board!

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post

You can polish a turd but it will still remain a turd. When the third NuTrek film comes out you'll see what has happened, just give it a few years. I and quite a few fans are ahead of the curve you see, we know where this trainwreck is going and we understand why Star Trek is -- at this moment -- creatively bankrupt.

But I'll give you one clue- style over substance.
(emphasis mine)

I do hope that this is not going to turn out to be be one of those threads.

So long as we can keep it to the topic of plot holes (real or imagined,) this thread will continue. If I get the notion that people are participating less for the discussion and more for taking swipes at people whose opinions about the movie they do not share, then this thread will be closed, and warnings may ensue.

Ln X, you seem to have a habit of appearing in this forum only when there's an opportunity for taking little swipes and jabs at the people who enjoyed the movie (while ostensibly posting in praise or support of an opinion expressed by another); you'll want to be extra-careful, or the first warning could be yours.