View Single Post
Old September 14 2013, 03:17 PM   #306
TJ Sinclair
Captain

Re: TF: Revelation and Dust by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Jarvisimo wrote: View Post
And as for Bashir - you mean you didn't enjoy ZSG, or you haven't enjoyed his material since ZSG?
Both. I quite literally loathed the character in Zero Sum Game, and my opinion of him since has not improved. The last time I liked Bashir in a book was Abyss. In the novels since, he's increasingly portrayed as far more maudlin, whiny, and obnoxiously self-centered than he ever was in the series, and that's saying something. I cannot find a single likeable or redeeming aspect to his character now. I keep hoping he dies a horrendously ignominious death at some point, but I'm sure no one would ever sign off on the novels killing him.

I think Book 3 of The Fall is well worth looking forward to. Maybe Shar too? I really didn't enoy what Paths of Disharmony suggested about Andorian society - it presented, for me, too simplistic, too binary, a society. And the seperation happened too quick.
I really like Shar, and while the Andorian storyline has had its ups and downs for me, I love the species, so I'm happy when they show up in any meaningful way.