View Single Post
Old October 11 2006, 07:59 PM   #104
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Re: Ratings are in !

Russ said:
Naib Michael Usul said:
Has it ever been?
Oh yes. It was frequently in the top 10 during the first season and at least once in the second.

The second part of the mini was the #2 ranked show for the week it aired on cable.

I thought the only reason to for a press release on Monday was to highlight how great the series launched, but I forgot to mention another possible reason of doing it; to get ahead of any negative publicity. It underperformed, and the press release was crafted to try to counter such claims, which are now starting to come out:

LOSERS
"Battlestar Galactica." When a cable network says the 2.2 million viewers who caught the third-season debut of its Peabody-winning series is soooo much better than its second-season average , any TV columnist who knows the difference between an apple and an orange checks the stats on last season's debut . Sure enough, "Battlestar Galactica" opened with an average audience of 3.1 million viewers in July '05.
This really highlights what I've been saying. I wouldn't feel sooo confident right now. To feel like things are totally safe for BSG is overly optimistic.

Mr Awe