View Single Post
Old September 14 2013, 01:21 PM   #135
Jono
Rear Admiral

Re: Rugby Union 2013 Thread

Said it would be close and you don't get much closer than 1 point, Wallabies 14 - 13 over the Pumas. The game was at Perth, but I wouldn't be surprised if they said it was actually at Wellington given how wet and windy it was. Leal missed 3 kicks, but they were tough against the conditions, which helped keep hearts in throats until the very end. A wins a win and at least the Wallabies don't have to have the ignominy of not wining at home.

It was an improved performance. The forwards stood up and there was a more consistent defence of the ruck and very good contesting against the Pumas. Lineout went away towards the end, and the scrum was patchy, which is actually an improvement.

Pretty decent game across the park from everyone. Fardy was again probably the stand out for the forwards. White showed enough to say he will be a good backup or stand in for Genia. Folua showed a bit more range with some decent kicking and his strength to score the try was what we've come to expect. Cooper was again average, but wasn't bad (no intercept passes for a change).

Two weeks break until the Wallabies get to go to SA to be thumped by the Boks. Didn't see that game but it was on while I was packing away stuff and I heard the red card against the Boks. Bit of a shame for that to happen, but going down 29 - 15 even with that is a pretty respectable result. Also heard Carter got another injury, so that would have been disruptive for the ABs as well. Their game over in SA is going to be a belter.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote