View Single Post
Old October 11 2006, 12:08 AM   #80
Rear Admiral
Re: Ratings are in !

JCBos said:
Before you start feeling too secure you better look into SG-1's cancellation. It was getting roughly the same ratings I believe.
Slightly lower, but when comparing them, one has to bear in mind that SG-1 has been on for ten years and isn't produced by NBC/Universal. If ratings were the be-all-and-end-all of cancellation, then Atlantis would have been cancelled right along with it.

Exactly. Not only have they been on for 10+ years (Which is almost unheard of amongst genre shows save maybe two or three exceptions I can think of off hand), SG-1 was no longer getting the critical acclaim that BSG has been getting. Personally, I stopped watching years ago after it became apparent to me that SG-1 could no longer shake off the Voyager-esque decay in it's quality of writing. I swore, if I was treated to one more inane plot involving naquada or petty villians who want to be gods...
The sooner we get this relief in the hands of the American people, the sooner they can begin to do their job of being good consumers.--Rep. John Boehner, R-Ohio
Government: To them we are not citizens anymore. We're mindless machines.