View Single Post
Old September 14 2013, 01:18 AM   #22
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: Who was the rude person

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Her account of her behavior sounds a little saccharine, so I don't entirely believe her. That being said, when working registers (not in a pharmacy, though) I recognized that you need to tolerate people on the phone and you can generally do your job either way. So it really depends on whether any interaction was actually needed. If it was simply ringing up a transaction that didn't involve asking any questions, she probably should have just done that, so I side with the customer. If she had to ask questions for certain information, I would side with the pharmacist.

Without the other side of the story, it's hard to say.
Thing is the pharmacist or the whomever may HAVE to ask if she needs a consultation (it may be a requirement with that medication, refill or not) and if she DOES need one she can't get one if she's on the phone due to privacy laws. So talking to her may open up difficult doors because NOW you have to say, "Well we can't do that for you while you're on the phone."

How about people just put down their damn phone for five-fucking minutes to interact with a human being who is helping you. Just today I dealt with the BS to a lady giving me about 10% of her attention and telling me what she wanted through vague hand signals and gestures (one of a disturbingly high number of people who do not understand how perspective works and that I cannot see what she is pointing at because I have a completely different point of view, not to mention solid objects blocking my vision.) No pleasantries, no "Hi, how are you today?" or anything like that. Just points, waves when I grabbed the wrong one followed by stern pointing and tapping/pounding on the counter. All because she needed to talk to someone on the phone about some parent's visitation day at school the night before.

Stop being assholes, folks, but the damn phone away when you're interacting with another human being.