View Single Post
Old September 13 2013, 09:45 PM   #124
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: STAR TREK the enemy of LOST IN SPACE?

All this LIS talk was making me kind of nostalgic so I decided to rewatch the first couple episodes for the first time in awhile, and... yikes. I realize it was made for kids, but I still somehow remembered those early episodes being a lot better than they are (and a lot better than what came after).

But pretty much from the get-go the series was silly and ridiculous as hell, with lots of over-acting (or just plain bad acting), simplistic characters, and completely random and unscientific jargon that makes no sense whatsoever. I especially love John's hilariously inept attempt at a spacewalk at the end of the first episode. I mean, seriously, did this family not receive any training before heading out on this mission??

I will admit the sets look a lot cooler than I remembered (especially in b&w), and of course the Robot is as awesome as ever. But otherwise I just don't think the show holds up all that well at all. Even if some of the situations might be fun, the execution leaves a lot to be desired.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote