View Single Post
Old September 13 2013, 09:35 PM   #864
trekker670
Captain

Re: Season FOUR OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
But Junior, yikes. They go all out with making the Crystaline Entity look marvelous and beautiful in "Datalore" and in "Galaxy's Child" Junior looks pretty much exactly the same?! Sigh.

The next big "effect" I can think of in the series is the destruction of the ship in "Cause and Effect" be interesting to see how that's done or if they'll just use the same crude model explosion from the original cut of the episode.

One thing is for damn-sure, though. They better fix the phaser blast coming from the torpedo tube in "Darmok." That one will NOT stand!
I think a lot of it comes down to the Chrystaline Entity being done by CBS-D and Junior by Modern Video. I'm not one to bash the outsourcing companies, because any improvement is better than a straight upconversion, but CBS-D really are on the top of their game with this project (unlike TOS-R, where outsourcing probably would have been better).

I'm sure Cause and Effect will be great, given that's often considered one of the more popular episodes and it's being done by CBS-D.

I may be wrong, but I thought it was unofficially confirmed (perhaps by the Okudas?) that the torpedo/phaser shot in Darmok would be fixed.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote