View Single Post
Old October 10 2006, 05:19 AM   #16
CinC_UFPForces
Rear Admiral

Re: Ratings are in !

SA22C said:
CinC_UFPForces said:
Nothing wrong with this. It led the network, held pat from the finale after and extended haitus, and did all of this without its traditional Stargate lead-in and an hour earlier. It's still earning all the acclaim, and it's owning on iTunes.

Business as usual.
There's plenty wrong with this, IMHO.

Russ is right vis-a-vis the ratings numbers drop-off from S1 to now and there isn't much room left for Galactica to drop before things get dicey. What I'm really worried about is a drop after the premiere a-la 'Scattered' to 'Valley of Darkness.' A 1.6 would really suck.
Galactica clearly hadn't found its floor by that point. I think the odds of a similar fall are extremely unlikely, given that 1.8 is basically the median of the range we've been living within since "Epiphanies".

In short, I don't think anything's really changed. I also think the comparisons to the miniseries are quite out of place. "33" aired nearly two years after the miniseries, and nearly four years prior to "Occupation". By this logic, we'd have to argue that "33" lost a full point from the miniseries, and that isn't really accurate based on the content itself. It's a skew to say the show has dropped from a 4.2 to a 1.8.