View Single Post
Old September 13 2013, 04:12 PM   #2677
Garrovick
Commander

Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

I somehow got out of the habit of posting in this thread for quite some time (4 months). Not sure why, I certainly haven't stopped reading. Over the summer, I've basically focused on my project of reading all of Pocket's ST books in more-or-less publication order, while also keeping up-to-date on new releases as they come out. Since my last post, I have read all ST novels published between Windows on a Lost World (TOS #65, published in early 1993) and Blaze of Glory (TNG #34, published in early 1995). I've also read everything published in 2013 up to and including Revelations and Dust. I've also mixed in a few other SF/Fantasy books such as A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin, and some non-fiction as well. I recently finished a (partial) re-read of Reclaiming History: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy by Vincent Bugliosi. It's a massive work but well worth reading if you are interested in the subject matter. You may not agree with his conclusions (although I do), but he makes a very compelling argument.

That having been said, currently reading:

Valhalla (DS9 #10), by Nathan Archer
Gone for Soldiers by Jeff Shaara