View Single Post
Old September 13 2013, 02:18 PM   #110
FKnight
Commander

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back? Part 2: Poll edition.

BillJ wrote: View Post
Viper78 wrote: View Post
Who said anything about dreary? Just because it's darker doesn't mean that it has to be bad. I thought Moore did a great job with BSG & didn't find it dreary at all.
I did. There wasn't a single likable character in the bunch. By the end of the second season I was rooting for the Cylons to finish the job exterminating humanity.

I like for my Star Trek to be about an optimistic future where we are still human but we made it.
^^ QFT. I watched BSG all the way through and as each episode aired, I couldn't think of group of people more deserving of being victims of genocide than the refugees from the Colonies. You are definitely right about rooting for the Cylons. The only two people who deserved to live on that show were Helo and Athena. As far the rest, I'd open the airlock myself.

Same deal with Stargate: Universe. I kind of wished everyone on that ship would go through the Stargate and meet a titanium iris on the other side.

I'd be willing to see a more "realistic" or "grittier" Star Trek series, as long as the writers don't make everyone an asshole.

Edit to add: I might spare Doc Cottle as well .. he was an asshole, but I'm pretty sure it was just because he wanted to airlock everyone too.
"You have been examined. Your ship must be destroyed. We make assumption you have a deity, or deities, or some such beliefs which comfort you. We therefore grant you ten Earth time periods known as minutes to make preparations."
FKnight is offline   Reply With Quote