View Single Post
Old September 13 2013, 02:08 AM   #16
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Re: I have an idea for the next Star Trek movie.

Austin 3:16 wrote: View Post
You know how next year's X-Men: Days of Future Past will have a time travel story involving both the X-Men cast from the first three X-Men movies and the cast from X-Men: First Class?

Well what if they did something kind of similar for the next Trek movie? Where prime Spock somehow finds a way to return to the prime universe, and has to seek out the help of Ambassador Picard to help the nuTrek timeline for something? I don't know what it would be, or how he would find a way back to the prime universe (maybe they would have Q or something). We could see cameos by TNG, DS9, and Voyager regulars.

The main reason why I had this idea is because I wanted to see the TNG crew (as well as the prime timeline) have a proper sendoff since Nemesis was such a poor movie.

What would you think of this?
Ovation wrote: View Post
This would be the first Trek film, ever, that I would not bother watching. Sorry.
SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
No thanks, I'll pass.

Complete and utter pass on this.

Time to accept reality; this is Star Trek, now and for a long while. The moviegoers that aren't Trekfans have spoken with their wallets, and they like this movie; they mean a lot than just the fans who don't (or do) love the movie for Paramount and CBS Studios.

A better idea would be to make a movie based on one of the Bantam or Pocket novels (my preferred choice for a new movie story) but that probably won't happen.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote