View Single Post
Old September 13 2013, 01:03 AM   #279
Scout101
Admiral

Re: TF: Revelation and Dust by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Sci wrote: View Post
Scout101 wrote: View Post
Given how review threads usually go in here, the general tone and comments in this thread are a pretty good indication that it was not as well received as some of the previous books.
Don't mistake a few people talking more than others for a general consensus.

The fact remains that 2/3rds of the people here who rated it gave it a positive rating.
Are you intentionally misunderstanding? I simply used the same metric you're using. I'm not really referencing the thread itself, just comparing the numbers you used to the ones other books here have gotten.

You hold up 2/3rds positive as proof of good quality (or opinions, I suppose), I'm pointing out that the Trek books here usually seem to do in the 85-90% positive, so when those same people are 'only' rating this one 66% positive, it's STILL saying something. It just looks weird because we're all Trek fans and forgive a certain amount, so the floor for voting is usually a lot higher. Anything that doesn't intentionally suck will get at LEAST 50% thumbs up here

Last two threads I could find were for an ENT book and a TOS book. They got 87% and 73% as above average or higher, by comparison. The TOS book also had 20% that went average, so not much left for the below average or poor options. Same voters, for the most part. If this one's doing worse, doesn't that say something?
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote