Old September 13 2013, 12:01 AM   #11
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: Questions about ''Blink Of An Eye''

jazzstick wrote: View Post
KaraBear wrote: View Post
jazzstick wrote: View Post

Blow itself up!?!

I won't argue the evidence for this but do you think it's possible that one could survive, and whiel we are on the subject, would it be fair to say "blow itself up" or would it be just "evolve"? A great example of this would be the Romans.

First they where a republic, then they where an empire, then they stretched themselves too thin and split, lastly to evolve into the "Holy Roman Empire" with the help of Catholic Church.

eh???
yes I think the ultimate fate of a technologically advanced race is to blow it up. At some point they will go to war and bomb the crap out of each other

Well that's glum!

Why do you think this way?
It's not inconceivable at all. All it takes is one idiot with a few weapons of mass destruction to set off a huge war. Looking at our own world, we came perilously close a few times during the Cold War and despite that being over I hardly think we're out of the woods yet.

Can you say without certainty that some hot head idiot becoming to power in North Korea, Iran, China, Russia, India, Pakistan, Britain, France or even Israel or the United States couldn't start a huge war? Heck I don't even think the current set of leaders we have in power now are above such stupidity given the right circumstances to say nothing of the future.