View Single Post
Old September 12 2013, 07:57 PM   #8
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Steam adding Family Sharing

Reverend wrote: View Post
ATimson wrote: View Post
Reverend wrote: View Post
You'd think the idea behind sharing between family members would be so that several people in the same household (like say three or four kids) can play on different devices at the same time. If they had to take turns then it rather defeats the purpose, no?
I think perhaps the idea is more that the same household sharing one gaming PC (which is probably typical?) isn't mixing everybody's saved games and achievements together.
If that's the case, you'd think it'd be easier and more beneficial for the end user to implement a multi-user profile system within the same account. That way you wouldn't need to log out and back in to switch between accounts and you wouldn't be restricted with what you can and can't share.

No, I think this is about more than saves and achievements. I think it's them testing the viability of putting full games on the Steam market system.
You mean letting people resell their games? Short of a legal mandate that they must, I can't imagine Valve ever doing that.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote