View Single Post
Old September 12 2013, 01:04 PM   #381
Vice Admiral
Re: Kate Mulgrew - Orange is the New black

I think "Katie Red" should be this thread's masthead... don't you?

Let's get this "one" over with first.

It's not a question of whether I believe it or not.

It's a question of whether I CHOOSE to believe it, which for my ever loving shipper heart's sake... I DO NOT!

Here's a blurb on the negative aspects of dealing with Netflix as your US distributor,,4532301.story

Another comment on the prescience of OitNB at predicting Fashion Week's color trend this year.

Who's cell does this belong to?

I think this is just a repackaging of another "article", but if not...

I didn't realize that Dascha was a mom.

Like I said... college is back in session... although I would have described them as "the supporting characters", NOT the "smaller" characters when describing the roots of OitNB's success.

Another commentary about OitNB's deficiencies in the overall discussion on prison/minority issues in America BUT this one is much more positive on the show's potentials. My only beef is I wish these writers would "fact check" the show more, when discussing it. No-one went to the SHU over the chicken incident. The black/white disparity was IIRC white Piper gets a slap on the wrist and the black inmate lost visitation rights x 2 weeks. (Never did hear what happened to Red and Gina)

If she's leaving...

she better leave a very BIG wound in one WASPy heart, one that isn't healed by episode 2.

"But life is a battle: may we all be enabled to fight it well!" Charlotte Bronte
JanewayRulz! is online now   Reply With Quote