View Single Post
Old September 12 2013, 01:48 AM   #326
JD
Admiral

Re: ROBOCOP remake finds its director and star

JarodRussell wrote: View Post

Nobody forces you to watch the "kids version" of live action Robocop. You already got your superior super brutal 80s Verhoeven version.

I am against PG-13 ratings for films like Rambo or Expendables, because those are war films and wars are ugly, or films like Die Hard, when the actors starring in these kind of films are at their best when their dialogue is completely unrestricted, and the characters are inherently R-rated. But a Robocop film doesn't need an R-rating to be good.
It's not the fact that they're sanitizing it I have problem with, it's simply the fact that it's something made for kids taken from something made for adults.
Like I said before, it just feels weird to me when they promote something like Robocop or Rambo for kids.
I understand what you're saying about giving kids their version, but it still feels wrong to me.
And I'm not even saying the original version is automatically superior because it's more "adult". Honestly, I tend to prefer it when things are less violent. If I had a choice between something with ton of violence like the original Robocop, or something tamer, like a (good) Disney movie, chances are I'd pick the Disney movie more often then not.

That's not to say that I can't enjoy adult stuff, hell Game of Thrones is one of my favorite shows, but the rest of the material has to be good enough for me to be willing to put up with the violence.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote