View Single Post
Old September 12 2013, 12:20 AM   #90
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice
Re: Technological Stagnation

Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
MacLeod wrote: View Post
Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post

What about its propulsion - its engine, Robert? The progress here was snail-paced - consisting mainly of introducing computing technology.

Perhaps you want to talk about aviation and rocketry.
Relating to their propulsion, not their flight-attendant services or wall paper, that is.

Or perhaps you would like to compare the progress in transportation technology until the '70s to progress since the '70s.

Transportation technology DID stagnate since the '70s.
Aren't car engines of today both Petrol and Diesel based, more efficent and cleaner than a car from the 1970's?
Yes, today's car engines are somewhat more efficient than in the '70, etc.
This relatively small advance in over 40 years is not snail-paced when compared to the advancements in transportation between, for example, 1930 and 1970?
What advancements were you expecting, exactly? Most of the limitations of cars are actually human limitations. Cars don't go 300 miles an hour because humans can't safely drive them that quickly, for instance.
Solstice is offline   Reply With Quote