View Single Post
Old September 12 2013, 12:03 AM   #308
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
Re: Star Trek Into Darkness out on Blu-ray/DVD September 10th [spoiler

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Tommunist wrote: View Post
I received my Amazon Phaser set yesterday with the 3D blu-ray combo set. I don't need the dvd, so I threw it on ebay. The digital copy code I used for the iTunes version, so I get the commentary.

So, I preordered the Best Buy excusive combo pack with slipcover, and a Cinema Now (UV compatible) copy of the movie and an email code for the exclusive content. Since I already got the exclusive content free when I "pre-ordered", the code that came inside for that was also put on eBay, along with the DVD that came with that release. I used a 5$ Best Buy reward cert towards the purchase. It also came with the digital copy code for UV/iTunes that I put on ebay.

And I went to Target to get the exclusive 3D combo pack that came with the bonus Blu-ray of additional special features. I kept that bonus disc, and put on ebay the 3D disc, the blu-ray, and the DVD, along with the digital copy code.

So now, I have the phaser, the Target bonus disc, the iTunes commentary, the Cinema Now exclusive features, a UV digital copy, and of course the 3D and regular Blu-rays.

And with what has already sold and what is selling now, I may have ended up having it cover everything except the added cost of the phaser, which I wanted anyways.

Thanks Paramount, for allowing me to turn your shitty practices around into a small win for the completist in me. I'm sure this is exactly what you wanted.

There really isn't any other response to this post that I can think of. Oh, wait.

No one forced you to buy ANY of this shit.
I don't believe he's claimed otherwise.

All he's done here is describe the steps taken to arrive at the set he wanted to own. Yes, it's a bit involved (and more trouble than I would have taken) but as long as he's satisfied with the result, who am I to say he's wrong to have put in the effort?
"There were long green couches on the first floor that smelled like failure and
skin flakes, and no one would nap on them for fear of catching salmonella."
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote