View Single Post
Old September 11 2013, 08:57 PM   #66
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago
Re: Benedict Cumberbatch /John Harrison [SPOILERS]

While the Spock scream was a bit OTT (but kind of a guilty pleasure for me...and it's not like PrimeKirk's was any better!), I felt the rest of the scene was a well-handled homage, if maybe a bit too on-the-nose. Either way, it could have been (and I expected to be) a -lot- worse.

OpenMaw - the point I've tried to make is that I think we might have just been left saying "if they were going to make a villain who couldhave been Khan, wouldn't it have been cooler if they'd just gone ahead and made him Khan?"

I feel like a broken record at this point, but with regards to this, the reboot in general, and certain other elements I feel TPTB are in a total Kobayashi Maru scenario, in that no matter what they do people are going to complain; it's only the nature of the complaints that will change.
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote