View Single Post
Old September 11 2013, 07:52 PM   #247
JeBuS
Lieutenant Commander

Re: TF: Revelation and Dust by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Christopher wrote: View Post
JeBuS wrote: View Post
But now you've confused me. I don't know whether I should expect The Fall to be a serial novel or a series of novels.
I haven't read any of it yet, so I can't say. I'm just making a limited point about the title, not a blanket declaration about the structure or merits of the entire work.
Isn't it telling though, that by making your point, you've only served to confuse me?

jaime wrote:
The author states explicitly in his afterword that each story is meant to stand alone. This one sadly does not.
I'll be honest, I never read the back-matter in books, so I didn't notice this. But I went back and looked, and you're correct. DRGIII specifically writes that the authors of The Fall have "produce(d) five single novels that, when taken together, form a cohesive, overarching story." So The Fall is not intended to be a serial novel and as such, each novel should be able to stand on its own, with its own story arc. I have to say, this is not the case for Revelation and Dust. Being a part of "a cohesive, overarching story" does not exempt the author from providing a cohesive story in his novel.

Last edited by JeBuS; September 11 2013 at 10:07 PM.
JeBuS is offline   Reply With Quote