View Single Post
Old September 11 2013, 05:11 PM   #235
JeBuS
Lieutenant Commander

Re: TF: Revelation and Dust by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Scout101 wrote: View Post
And again the Typhon Pact books DID have some individual payoff while contributing to the overall series. this was all intro, and didn't really do much on its own. That's Below Average in my mind. Sure it'll be ok by the end, but doesn't add anything on it's own. If you were to re-read the mini-series at the end, would you even bother with book 1, or just go into the next book knowing the 2 bits worth of setup? Not sure it would be needed to re-read this one.

While you need to watch ROTJ to complete ESB, you can certainly watch JUST ESB and get a measure of satisfaction from what happened there. Don't feel that applied here.
I wonder. RaD clearly relies upon the other novels in The Fall to complete it. I don't think anyone here will deny that assertion? But do you think the other novels of The Fall will depend upon RaD for setup? I have a feeling this won't be the case. They will mention the one or two events from RaD, and then move on with their own story arcs. If such a situation were to occur, will it still be possible to defend RaD? If such a situation were to occur, why would RaD need to be published at all?
JeBuS is offline   Reply With Quote