View Single Post
Old September 11 2013, 05:17 AM   #246
Avro Arrow
Fleet Captain

Re: Was the Enterprise A actually the Yorktown?

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
@ Albertese & Avro Arrow

Is there any good reason to assume that the starship status chart from "Court Martial" only shows starships being repaired in orbit of the starbase?
Albertese has already addressed this much more eloquently than I could, so I'll just say I agree with him and give his response one of these:

NCC-1831 (formerly assumed to be Intrepid) is almost done, so why pull the repair crew off to start work on the Enterprise?
Not is "almost" done, is done. That ship's bar goes all the way to 100%, and there's even a little green "completion" indicator at the end of the chart. This is one of the major arguments showing that Jein's number assignment is wrong. He assigns that number to Intrepid, but that ship is complete and would therefore not have repair crews still working on it, so that ship cannot be Intrepid.

(I tend to think of Intrepid as 1709, since it's close to FJ's number, but 1703 is also a viable alternative.)

I don't believe Mike Okuda was making a conscious decision showing Intrepid as NCC-1631 in TOS-R, but the moment he did he accidentally gave this starship status chart a different and, IMHO, better meaning.

Bob
I thought he gave Intrepid that number in TOS-R because that's what he used for the ship in the Encyclopedia, and he used it there because he thought that's what the number on the chart was? So I think it was probably a conscious decision, but he thought he was being consistent with a number that appeared on the chart.

Praetor wrote: View Post
1017? Don't you mean 1710. I don't see no stinking 1017.
Avro Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote