View Single Post
Old September 11 2013, 03:09 AM   #213
JD
Admiral

Re: TF: Revelation and Dust by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

JeBuS wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
Not necissarily. Plenty of books that are "standalone" have an open or ambiguous ending.
And besides, at this point it should be common knowledge among Trek Lit readers that the books are interconnected, with arcs crossing through multiple books. So it really shouldn't be that shocking or upsetting when everything isn't completely tied up in a neat little bow at the end of one book, especially if that book is being sold as part 1 of a 5 part series.
I'm not saying that a book should tie everything up in a neat little bow. But it would be nice if *something* got tied up before the end of the book. This book only opened threads. Would you pay to see a movie that ended after the first act?
But isn't that pretty much what Fellowship of the Ring, An Unexpected Journey, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 1, and probably Mockingjay Part 1 are?
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote