View Single Post
Old September 10 2013, 08:41 PM   #1211
Dr.H
Lieutenant

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Eh, I actually prefer the more serious and grounded approach over the light-hearted, old fashioned whoopdie doo! way of the Donner films. However, the writing just wasn't strong enough to execute this approach effectively IMHO. Not to mention Zack Snyder's signature imprints are splattered all over the film's second and third act. Warner Bros needs to get fresh creative blood rather then play it safe and use the same writer over again. Notice how Nolan dispensed of Goyer for the last two Bat-films and regulated him to just story conceptualization. Don't get me wrong: I have nothing against the guy but I think he works better in a collaborative unit rather then a single unit. I feel his strengths are ideas and plotting not so much writing singular screenplays all by his lonesome. Say what you will about Dark Knight( there are many detractors that prefer Begins over it) but I feel that it benefited from Goyer being in a more collaborative unit and with some new creative blood--it managed to be a film that exceeded expectations(well depending on who you ask).

Last edited by Dr.H; September 10 2013 at 08:58 PM.
Dr.H is offline   Reply With Quote