View Single Post
Old September 10 2013, 04:31 PM   #198
Kertrats47
Commodore

View Kertrats47's Twitter Profile
Re: TF: Revelation and Dust by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

JeBuS wrote: View Post
Sci wrote: View Post
You claimed there were no character arcs in this book. I cited several. You then shifted the goalposts by moving from claiming that there were no character arcs to claiming that there wasn't enough resolution.
I stand by my assertion that what you cited were not character arcs. They were the novelization equivalent of screen-time, but there was no arc. An arc involves moving the characters in some manner, if not physically, then emotionally, philosophically, etc. None of the characters in this book did so, save Keev, whose B-Plot I've previously noted was the only part of this book I didn't have a problem with. (Save that it started slowly and was basically unconnected to the rest of the book, but that could be blamed on the rest of the book being so poor.)
Regardless whether or not you thought it was "good" or not, how can you claim there was no "moving" of the characters in an emotional manner? I cite the reconciliation between Ezri and Julian as but one example. There is a VERY clear evolution of that relationship.
Trek Lit Reviews (S.C.E. #13: No Surrender by Jeff Mariotte - August 23rd, 2015)
2015 Star Trek Book Releases
Kertrats47 is offline   Reply With Quote