View Single Post
Old September 10 2013, 04:18 AM   #35
JD
Admiral

Re: What concluded series do you miss the most?

Mimi wrote: View Post
If DS9 relaunch was apart of the poll, that would have inevitably got my vote as well.
I've always though of Rough Beasts of Empire, Plauges of Night and Raise the Dawn, and now Revelation and Dust (most likely, I haven't read it yet) as part of the DS9 Relaunch, so the thought didn't even cross my mind when I put the poll together.
Thrawn wrote: View Post
I too would love to get a book set after The Soul Key that actually resolves the Ascendants. We've gotten a bunch of hints, but I want the whole story!

My vote, though, would actually go to stories set within the TV shows TNG, DS9, Voyager, and ENT. I think if you were clever you could find some really interesting spaces to fill...in particular, I'd LOVE a book set in between the first two or three episodes of TNG, retroactively connecting character arcs to the more stilted writing and performing back then. It seems weird to me that TOS books set within the 5 year mission do so well, but they're not publishing any similarly-set 24th century novels.
I wish I had included that. I would love to see the current batch of authors tackle some stories set during the non-TOS TV series.