View Single Post
Old September 9 2013, 09:28 PM   #268
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: The Single Worst Line of Dialogue in the entire Star Trek Franchis

Yeah. I mean, sure with all the post-apocalyptic horror nobody wanted to watch television for a while there, but once that was all sorted, surely all kinds of new fancy technologies would make staged entertainment of any kind more enjoyable? If VGR's any indication, someone's in the habit of holo-converting some of our 20th century classics. I believe Harry named "To Catch a Thief" as one such film.

The one reason that I can see TV as we know it disappearing is because of the exodus of humanity to the stars - but within our lifetimes we're already seeing a marked shift towards the on-demand market, which could easily still work in the future.

"It's not interesting to us anymore" is stupid. It probably wouldn't be to one of us Trekkies who was transported to the future, sure. We'd be busy trying to get into Starfleet Academy.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote