View Single Post
Old September 9 2013, 08:43 PM   #368
Robert Maxwell
beep

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Breaking Bad Final Half Season

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Question is, if they all survive this (and we currently have no reason to believe any of them will), and this all goes to trial, how much of Hank's "investigation" can be admissible as evidence? Much of what he has been doing has been under the table. The book he found in Walt's bathroom that kicked this whole thing off was taken by Hank without a warrant. I doubt the writers will do something so mundane as a courtroom drama for the final episode, but Hank HAD to know that none of this would go well in the long run.
The book is not admissible because it was found by happenstance and not on public property or in the course of executing a warrant.

Jesse coming into the picture is totally separate. He's essentially a CI/witness for Hank and, by extension, the DEA. Everything that stems from Jesse is legitimate and admissible because he's cooperating with a legal investigation. I'm sure Hank could draw up the appropriate forms to make it stick--he's the boss, after all.

But this is all assuming he's not a corpse next episode.