View Single Post
Old September 9 2013, 03:28 PM   #234
FKnight
Commander

Re: Was the Enterprise A actually the Yorktown?

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
As for the post-TOS canon "evidence" I tried to illustrate how conjectural it basically is. We might just go for the producers' intentions, instead, and then we'd have their word from The Making of Star Trek versus statements to the opposite from the post-TOS producers I am not aware of, yet.

We could then discuss whether the authority of the TOS producers regarding one of their creations can possibly be revised, altered or overwritten by the post-TOS producers.

Bob
Picard referring to the ship as "Constitution Class" in The Naked Now (first run computer FX production error notwithstanding), and referring to the Enterprise bridge in Relics as "Constitution Class", and Sisko referring to the actual NCC-1701 as "Constitution Class" aren't just "evidence" of canon. They're the very definition.

I forgot what this has to do with whether the -A was the Yorktown.
"You have been examined. Your ship must be destroyed. We make assumption you have a deity, or deities, or some such beliefs which comfort you. We therefore grant you ten Earth time periods known as minutes to make preparations."
FKnight is offline   Reply With Quote