View Single Post
Old September 9 2013, 10:22 AM   #17
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: Imagine the TOS Starfleet

Actually, we do not know from TOS (!) whether some of the starships you listed there actually belonged to the Constitution Class (as this is merely a conjectural assumption and better suits those that begin with an NCC-16XX prefix, IMO and for a number of reasons).

Where you have my undivided attention are the NCC-registries of "NCC-1864" and NCC-1897" from the starship status chart in "Court-Martial".
While HD resolution clearly reveals NCC-1631 to be erroneous (as it most definitely shows NCC-1831) I'm still very uncertain regarding 1X64 and 1X97.
Depending on which moment I freeze frame the Blu-ray image it reads either "16" or "18".
I thought we'd have to wait for 4K UltraHD resolution before we could finally determine what it actually reads.

Why is that important? If it is 1664 for the Excalibur, 1764 for the Defiant and 1864 for the Reliant we could speculate that the last two digits are only a contact code a new ship will "inherit" from a deceased ship.

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote