View Single Post
Old September 8 2013, 03:09 PM   #43
DWF
Vice Admiral

Re: #FreeBabylon5 Campaign

Jan wrote: View Post
Nope. That's the whole point of the campaign - to find channels to show it to help grow the fan base. As far as most of us can tell, B5 hasn't been on TV in the US for ten years or so. Perhaps only five in other countries, but that's why I'm asking the question.

As everybody knows, Trek TOS was cancelled (twice!) due to lousy ratings and then found its fans when it was shown in reruns for years and years afterward. B5's hardly ever been in reruns, particularly at any decent hour, so pretty much the only way for fans to find it is word of mouth.

ETA: Thanks, Reverend, that would be nice. In fact, one page I'm looking to add to the website will be banners, graphics, posters and memes that fans can use to spread the word. If you're interested in doing anything like that, that'd be great!

Jan
Actually TOS was only cancelled once the letter writing saved it from being cancelled in the second season. And TOS went straight into syndication and stayed there for years, which was't the case with B5. Now you could start a petition but in the end no matter what you do you'll be needing the cooperation of Warner Brothers to make it happen.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is online now   Reply With Quote