View Single Post
Old September 7 2013, 11:37 PM   #206
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Orci strikes back

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Wow, just what is it with those guys. They knew the fanbase was very vocal. Now some of them don't like the film and the writer reacts all butthurt. That's hilarious.
I read the original editorial expecting something truly scathing in order to get Orci's reaction. The editorial, in fact, is well-thought-out and perfectly reasonable. I don't necessarily agree with it, but there's nothing in there that calls for such an unprofessional and childish response.

The writer of the editorial calls for new Trek writers. Here's how he begins that part:
A lot of critical barbs were aimed at the writers of Star Trek Into Darkness about the script and plot of the film. I wonít join in that chorus, because writing a multi-billion dollar film is something I have never had to do. The pressure must be IMMENSE, and there are many hoops that you have to jump through to produce a script for such a project. That being said, Star Trek at its best has always had top-notch writing, no matter the series.
There's nothing unreasonable there.

Here's Orci's response:
...frankly, your tone and attidude make it hard for me to listen to what might otherwise be decent notions to pursue in the future. As I love to say, there is a reason why I get to write the movies, and you donít.
Oh, and don't forget this gem:
FUCK OFF!
Christ, what a petulant child.

Then again, as I pointed out in the Trekmovie thread, the article comes out of left field and has no bearing to reality whatsoever.

RAMA