View Single Post
Old September 7 2013, 08:39 PM   #2580
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2013

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
An evil Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man and Cowardly Lion? Ugh.
I don't think evil Dorothy is all that unlikely? Afterall, look at the con Glinda and the Wizard pulled on Dorothy getting her to kill the Wicked Witch.

(Glinda to Wicked Witch of the West) "Oh, the shoes? They're on Dorothy's feet, and that's where they'll stay. And you better watch your step, or a house just might fall on you, too" So, she not only taunted the Wicked Witch about her sister's death at Dorothy's hands, she also taunted her about Dorothy stealing the shoes off her dead sister's still warm corpse. On top of all that, Glinda knew full well, all Dorothy had to do was click her heels together three times and chant "There's No Place Like Home", but, instead of telling Dorothy that, she sent her to The Wizard who set her on a path to be forced to kill The Wicked Witch. It amazes me how many people really buy into the lie that Glinda is so sweet and innocent, just because she's pretty and speaks with a melodic voice.

After being put through all that, and then Dorothy's return trips, it's no wonder Dorothy became evil and power hungry.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?

Last edited by Sindatur; September 7 2013 at 10:31 PM.
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote