View Single Post
Old September 7 2013, 03:15 PM   #2942
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Read the first two parts of Battle of the Atom and surprisingly enjoyed both issues. I predicted Lady Xorn's identity correctly. My issues with Bendis writing the X-Men continue to remain the same, but so far so good. I believe part three continues with Wood's "X-Men #5".
I don't know the last time I picked up an X-Men comic, but I decided to read Battle of the Atom.

After two parts, it's not bad.

Not really knowing what's happening in the X-Men world, I was surprised to find Rogue on the Scott/Magneto team. Fallout from AVX, I guess?

As for the young past X-Men, I was amused at first and then annoyed with how dumb they (in particular Scott and Jean) behaved. They witnessed firsthand what happened when the young Scott died (before he was, of course, resurrected), but then they, in particular Jean, make a decision that can only be described as rash and stupid. Plus, Jean is whiny and unlikeable, and I don't remember the character ever being that.

I'll stick with it. After two parts, I have two theories at the ending.

Possibility one -- the ending is a foregone conclusion and the original five will be sent back to where they belong.

Possibility two -- the X-Men from the future are not what they appear to be, and the reality collapse in Battle of the Atom #1 was actually a "false flag" operation to provoke the present X-Men into doing something rash with the past X-Men that makes things really worse.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote