The sun is out, the day is new
And everyone is waiting, waiting on you
And you've got time
And you've got time
And you've got time.

JAIL DOOR SLAMS & LOCKS

CAN'T FIX CRAZY... concluded

AKA

"Just like the blind man, I wandered alone." By Hank Williams Sr.

Piper Chapman has LEFT THE BUILDING.

She's running because she's already forgotten what she told the handicapped kid less than a month ago in that E Block bathroom.

"Because once you're behind these walls, there's nowhere to run, even if you could run. The Truth catches up with you in here Dina. And its The Truth that's gonna make you her bitch!"

Piper has literally no-where else to run as she walks quickly away from the building towards the closed off fence. She looks like someone breathing through her mouth, trying not to cry the tears that have been welling up in her psyche all evening.

Tiffany: HEY! HEY!

You can read Piper's mind cry out, "F*CK!" when she realizes now, even her retreat is cut off.

Tiffany: Where you think you're going?

Piper stops at the fence and spins to face her tormentor.

Piper: Oh no! Oh no! You do not want to fight with me right now, Crazy! You do not.

Piper has literally set her jaw/steeled her will against this nagging buzzing insect that won't respect the grief this Woman is going through these last hours/days/ weeks since the SHU, since the radio program, since she fell back in love with Alex, since she broke Larry's heart with that love, since Alex proposed a future in Cambodia, since Larry proposed a second time, since Piper broke Alex's heart a SECOND time by accepting Larry's proposal, since Larry asked to meet Alex, since Alex talked to Larry, since Larry broke Piper's heart, since Alex abandoned Piper in her hour of need.

Tiffany: Oh no? You're right.

And with that the Angel of death whips out her home made cross and holds it in front of her, as if she needed to ward off an escapee from the Twilight Saga.

Tiffany: I don't want to fight with you. I want to end you right now.

Piper has eyes only for the cross, with its sharpened point.

The door to the prison yard opens once more as Sam Healy walks out.

Piper: You'd better stop. Mr. Healy's right over there.

The Angel of death is on a roll and won't be stopped as she waves her hand and "raises her voice on high"

Tiffany: HI Mr. Healy!

Piper: Mr Healy, MR HEALY! MISTER HEALY! SHE'S trying to KILL ME!

The S.O.B. (Stands for "Son of a Biscuit" ) just looks up the yard where Tiffany has cornered Piper, before turning to go back into the building.

Tiffany now lunges several times with her weapon, and looks to be having as much fun as a cat playing with a mouse.

The mouse called Piper turns her back on Tiffany long enough to allow the blonde to pull out her Secret Santa present. (Thank God her Santa was Boo and not Morello.)

Tiffany: (Chuckles in admiration) OH HO!!!! Look at what you brought out to play!
Piper: (Face is contorted as she threatens her nemesis.) You back the F*CK off me!
Tiffany: You think I'm scared... do you? I'm NOT SCARED of you. You know why? Cuz I've got GOD on my side.

Tiffany makes the first move, and draws the first blood with a wild slash at the right wrist, drawing blood and disarming Piper in one fell swoop.

Tiffany: And he told me, that YOU ain't worth NOTHING! SEE! See how he just works through me? AND he wants me to SMITE you!

Tiffany studies her opponent, the cross 1st held like a sword. After careful study of Piper's face, Tiffany rearranges the cross to now be her shield.

Tiffany: Hmmm. She-devil. That's what YOU are!

Piper looks less like a devil and more like a wounded animal, wounded in her heart, in her soul (if secular humanists believed in that kind of thing) and in her body.

Tiffany: That's what you are. You're a devil. And I'M the ANGEL of GOD. I mean... LOOK AT MY DRESS! How's THAT for poetry?

Has Piper finally figured out?? "You CAN'T fix CRAZY"?

Tiffany: Hmmm? Cuz God loves ME! He DON'T love you! Cuz you ain't worthy of God's love.

Piper looks like she's going into shock. Walking around after your lovers have ripped your heart from your body will do that to a gal.

Tiffany: You ain't worthy of NOBODY'S love!

Uh oh... THAT did it. Tiffany went one step too far. Piper's "dead body" has just taken two very BIG breaths...

Tiffany: So I think its time, that you DIE!

And with that, little 5 foot 2 inch Tiffany draws back her arm before lunging forward to bring it down full force upon her enemy.

Piper: NO!

Tiffany's enemy is 6 inches taller, has 6 inches the reach on her and perfectly imitates the instructions from Taystee's posse on HOW to FIGHT a GIRL!

Tiffany Doggett is on the snow covered ground and Piper is pummeling her.

Blow after blow after blow lands, with no let up. We keep hearing Piper grunt.

We hear Piper's fists make contact with Tiffany's face, we watch the blood spatter on the nearby snow...

And after 9 or 10 blows land, we hear a children's choir as they sing triumphantly...

Treble Choir (OC): ...Joyful and triumphant,

...and Piper's blows continue to fall, fast and more furiously 16...

Treble Choir (OC): oh come ye, oh come ye to Bethlehem...

18... Piper's hair is flying back and forth as she puts her whole body...

19...her whole being into this one vicious, brutal beating

Treble choir (OC): oh come yee to Bethlehem...

21...Has Tiffany moved once since the 3rd blow?

22... Piper grunts.

23... Tiffany hasn't made a sound since she hit the ground.

FINALLY....THANK GOD!

....THE ORANGE SCREEN comes up,

and we no longer hear the fists fall.

We only hear those children sing that song of Christian fidelity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzi8HeaKkOA